CLEANING WITH DRY ICE
Cleaning with cold? Yes, that's right! Cleaning with below freezing dry ice. USMX uses this new development that is quickly expanding around the world. Our system uses small hard pellets of dry ice the size of rice shooting them out of a jet nozzle with compressed air. Yet the dry ice is softer than sand or glass beads, so it doesn't spoil the substrata. It works somewhat like sandblasting or high-pressure water or steam blasting, but with different results - often better. The frigid temperature of the dry ice -109.3°F or -78.5°C "exploding" against the material to be removed, causes it to shrink and loose adhesion from its sub surface. Additionally when some of the dry ice penetrates through the material to be removed, it comes in contact with the underlying surface. The warmer sub surface causes the dry ice to convert back into carbon dioxide gas. This gas has 800 times greater volume and spreads out underneath the material which speeds up its removal. Paint, oil, grease, asphalt, tar, decals, soot, dirt, ink, resins, jet exhaust tars, and adhesives, are some of the materials removed by this procedure. Only the removed material must be disposed of, as the dry ice sublimes into the atmosphere. Another system shaves dry ice off a block of dry ice and then sprays it in a wider pattern cleaning faster than sand blasting ever could.
Prior to repainting old corroded flaking surfaces, dry ice blast cleaning is the superior way to both clean and prepare the surface for its new coating. The surface is immediately available to paint - no waiting for drying or dangerous solvents to be removed.
Dry ice blast cleaning is also used for restoration of fire damaged buildings and rooms - successfully removing the char and smoke damage to wood and other materials.
Many manufacturing plants find our dry ice blast cleaning useful for maintaining and or cleaning their equipment. This results in reduced down time and greater annual production. Of course, our experience and professional services can clean your equipment safely and quickly with the least down time.
Let our services meet more of your cleaning needs with USMX dry ice blast cleaning.
We offer complete dry ice pellet production which will give you the following benefits:
• Less dry ice loss due to sublimation
• More flexibility as you always have freshly produced dry ice at your disposal
Better and faster cleaning results because the fresher the dry ice, the more effective the cleaning
• Less dry ice used
• Shorter production standstills
• Less time and money spent on buying and transporting
All these benefits lead to more quality and flexibility in the daily working process and remarkable cost savings.
Better and faster cleaning results
The fresher the dry ice, the better the cleaning results. With dry ice stored for several days the cleaning time can take twice as long or longer than cleaning with freshly produced dry ice.
Less dry ice use
As the cleaning results are much better with freshly produced dry ice than with dry ice stored for several days, the dry ice use is reduced remarkably. We can produce your dry ice on demand and just in time, you do not have to store it for several days. This way the loss due to sublimation is kept to a minimum.
We can produce your dry ice whenever you need it, you can also clean whenever you want . This way the cleaning can be easily integrated into the daily working process and be planned as fixed cycle times.
Shorter production downtime
As we freshly produce your dry ice it ensures faster cleaning results, your production stoppages are also shortened.
Less logistical expenditure
With our dry ice production you do not have to worry about where and when to purchase your dry ice, what time it will be delivered and how long you have to store it. We can produce it on demand and just in time and not for expensive out of town old dry ice delivery.
All these benefits lead to more flexibility and quality in the daily working process you require to reduce costs and increase productivity.
Environmentally Sustainable Non-Destructive Cleaning
Whether you need a dry clean, are trying to reduce the amount of water or chemicals used or are trying to enhance sanitation or cross-contamination prevention programs, dry ice blasting provides the environmentally sustainable answer.
Dry Ice Blasting is Clean and Safe
• Dry ice is an approved medium by the EPA, USDA & FDA, and is non-toxic, non-hazardous and inhibits mold & bacteria growth
• Dry ice blasting has been effectively used in EPA, USDA, FDA, AIB and GFSI inspected/certified facilities
• Dry ice blasting is safe to use with food processing equipment
• Dry ice blasting does not release harmful gases into the atmosphere
• Dry ice blasting does not generate secondary waste
• Dry ice blasting is safe and non-toxic. Once particles impact the surface, they dissipate into the atmosphere.
• Dry ice blasting reduces or eliminates employee exposure to (and corporate liability from) the use of dangerous chemical cleaning agents
Other cleaning methods can be toxic
• Sand, soda, or water blasting can leave toxic secondary waste to be cleaned up in addition to the toxic substrate
• Sand, soda, or water blasting can create downstream contamination that effects surrounding installations
• Soda blasting can kill surrounding vegetation
• Chemical and solvent cleaning methods are toxic, which creates toxic waste to be disposed of
• Workers are exposed to potentially harmful substances through the use of chemicals and solvents
Completely Environmentally Responsible
In addition to being clean and safe, it is also important to remember that dry ice is obtained as a byproduct of other industrial processes - i.e. it is made from reclaimed CO2. It does not produce CO2 or add CO2 to the atmosphere and therefore does not contribute to the greenhouse effect.
Dry ice blasting is truly, and completely, environmentally friendly!
USMX Environmental Resources provides an alternative method of cleaning by using cryogenic technology "deep freeze" 100% environmentally safe.